Young Professional Development Program
The Company pays special attention to working with young people - in the reporting year IDGC of Centre was cooperating proactively with educational institutions. The Councils on the Youth continued functioning.
The youth policy of IDGC of Centre facilitates adaptation and ensures professional growth of young professionals, allows them to develop their scientific, technical and creative potential. The Council on the Youth aims at promoting good morale and sound psychological atmosphere in the workplace, maintaining and developing the Company’s corporate culture, and active engagement of the youth of IDGC of Centre in work and social life.
The current youth policy predominantly involves:
- Career guidance at schools;
- Cooperation with special professional educational institutions of higher, secondary and primary professional education in training, retraining and advanced training of specialists;
- Target-oriented training of young professionals at educational institutions;
- Pre-graduation training and internship;
- The Company’s grants and scholarships to enhance the role of education, to attract the most talented and motivated young specialists in the energy sector, and to provide social support for gifted students.
- Individual appointments for newly graduated professionals, etc.
The Youth Council has developed a plan of activities in the following areas: scientific and technical activities, cooperation with educational institutions, activities to teach spiritual, moral and patriotic values, activities to preserve labor traditions of the society, cultural events, sports events, and interaction with regional youth organizations. 2013 was marked by the Company’s various achievements in youth participation in scientific, cultural, and charitable events, creative and social contests, and sports competitions.
In 2013 young employees participated in the Forsage-2013 Innovations Forum for young engineers, The Fourth Youth Approach to Energy International scientific conference in Novocherkassk, and various research activities at the regional level. The participation of the young IDGC of Centre team in the events for young specialists at the Second International Forum on Energy Efficiency and Conservation ENES 2013 became a landmark event, where the team presented their project in power efficiency and conservation in the grid. The project was demonstrated to the Minister of Energy.